Collecting a Urine Specimen From Your Dog – Female
Make sure that you use a clean plastic container. Your vet may provide you with one or you may use a clean margarine dish or something similar. A pie plate works best for female dogs.
Keep in mind that a fresh specimen is best. Anything more than 12 hours old will not provide accurate results. If you can’t bring in the specimen within an hour of collecting it, make sure to place it in the refrigerator.
Instructions for Female Dogs
Approach the female dog slowly as she begins to squat.
Place a shallow container under her after she has started to urinate. It is easiest to leave the container on the ground until she is finished. This is called a mid-stream sample.
If you have used a pie plate, transfer the urine to a collection container with a lid and bring it to your vet as soon as possible.
Some dogs will stop urinating when you approach them. If you experience difficulty in collecting a sample, contact your veterinarian.
The snow is gone, and the trees are finally starting to show the green buds of new life. For many gardeners, it is time to dust off their gloves and take up their tools to transform their yards from the dull drab of winter to the new life of springtime.
With recent changes to restrictions on businesses, we are pleased to advise that effective May 25, 2020 the restrictions on veterinary practices have been lifted. Based on these changes, below are some important updates to our operating policies.
1. WE CAN NOW SEE ALL CASES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY This includes vaccines, wellness exams, blood work, spays and neuters, dental services, and more!
2. SAFETY MEASURES TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE
Continue our "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain outside the hospital and use your cell phone to call us. We will take a history of your pet's health and discuss any concerns. A staff member will then meet you outside to bring your pet into the hospital for an examination. The Veterinarian will call you to discuss the recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a staff member will return your pet to you outside, and take care of any needed medications and payment.
Continue the use of credit cards as the preferred payment method.
Continue with curbside pickup of food and medication (unless you have used our online store and are having your order delivered directly to your home). To place an order through our online store, visit our website and click on "Online Store".
3. ONLINE CONSULTATIONS ARE AVAILABLE If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
4. OPERATING HOURS We are OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm Saturday: 9:00 am - 5 pm Sunday: Closed
5. NEW PET OWNERS Have you welcomed a new furry family member to your home? We’d love to meet them! Visit our Must Know New Pet Owner Information page for useful resources and helpful recommendations for new pet owners.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and we look forward to seeing you and your furry family members again!